The Governing Body at Ifield Community College
Our Chair of Governors is Mr Bradley Flory and can be contacted by email at ClerktoGovernors@ifieldcc.co.uk Alternatively letters can be posted to ICC where they be forwarded on to Bradley Flory.
The Full Governing Body (FGB) consists of 12 Governors:
- 4 Parent Governors ( There is currently a vacant position)
- 2 Staff Governors
- 1 Local Authority Governor
- 5 Co-opted Governors (There is currently a vacant position)
- 1 Associated Member
There are 11 meetings throughout the academic year, with additional meetings as necessary. In addition there is a Finance Committee which meets four times a year.
What is the role of the Governing Body
The governing body is responsible for overseeing the conduct of the school. It is the school’s accountable body who work with the Principal on the following:
- Provides a strategic view of the school by establishing a vision and setting the purpose and aims of the school within an agreed policy framework. It appoints and performance manages the Headteacher, agreeing the school development plan which includes setting targets with supporting budgets and staffing structures
- Monitors and evaluates the work of the school by reviewing the performance of the Principal, the effectiveness of the policy framework, progress towards targets, and the effectiveness of the school development plan
- Reviews the school self-evaluation process and actively participates in the school development plan and any Ofsted reports. In addition it holds the Principal to account for the performance of the school and ensures that parents are involved, consulted and informed as appropriate, with information to the community being made available when required
- For governors gain knowledge of how the school operates they need to receive training, by attending meetings, and by getting to know the school community, for example through visits to the school during the school day
- Governors work together as a team, under the leadership of the Chair of the Governing body. All of our governors are required to adhere to a Code of practice.
2017-18 Meeting Dates
Full Governors' Meetings
Finance Committee and Terms of Reference
In addition to the Full Governoring Body meetings there is a Finance Committee which meets four times a year.
Mr Shahbaz Hussain (Chair)
Mr Rob Corbett
Mrs Angela Daniels
Mr Ritchard Burrows
Mr Bradley Flory
Finance Commitee Terms of Reference
Not less than three Governors, plus the Principal. In addition, the Chairman of Governors shall be a member ex-officio (i.e. by virtue of the office), with the right to vote.
Three governors. In the absence of the Principal, his/her representative may attend as adviser/observer.
Not less than once per term.
Terms of Reference:
The committee will be generally responsible for advising the governing body on all financial matters, including the monitoring of those delegated to the Principal. Specifically, the committee will be responsible for the following:
1. Draw up annually a three-year financial strategy, having particular regard to the IPD.
2. Prepare a draft three-year budget plan for the approval of the Governing Body.
3. Approve arrangements for the audit of funds received other that for the LA.
4. Advise the governing body of any matters arising from the audit of the college’s accounts
5. Generally monitor the college budget
6. Liaise with the Staffing Committee as necessary
7. Advise the governing body as necessary on any other financial matters
If you wish to contact a member of the governing body or have a general enquiry then contact the Clerk to the Governors, Ms Brown at ClerktoGovernors@ifieldcc.co.uk
If you are interested in becoming a Governor please see our current vacancies, click here.