Ifield Community College are pleased to present The Russell Martin Academy(RMA) Football Development programme, this is an outstanding opportunity for young talented footballers between the ages of 16-19 to continue their education and footballing career development.
These programmes will be led by Crawley Town FC legend Sergio Torres, assisted by ex-professionals players and other UEFA qualified coaches.
Both programmes provide the opportunity for players to combine an intensive 11 a side football training and college fixture programme with showcase games against professional teams during the season.
Both programmes will include:
- Full time training programmeon grass and 3G pitches
- Strength and conditioning programmes with good gym facilities
- Study for FA Level 1 coaching certificates
- Study for Sports Leaders Award
RMA want to help students with pathways into sports careers and higher education and to aid this there will be regular lectures from highly regarded professional people in sport in Psychology. Physiotherapy, Sports Science, Coaching, Nutrition, Analysis, Leadership and more.
- L3 students are advised to take Double OCR L3 Sport (2 A-Level equiv.) and Biology or Additional Science A-Level. Other options are possible but limited due to timetabling of training.
- L2 students will take OCR L2 Sport alongside English/Maths retakes. They can also choose from any other L2 course we offer if again it fits the training timetable.
The programme is part of the Sixth Form and does not sit separately. All students access the usual Sixth form tutor groups, activities and development. Boys or girls may apply.
Potential pathways into:
Professional contract with a football club.
University to study Sports Science.
Sports and Leisure industry work